Donate


Newsletter


Connect with us

ArtStarts in Schools Logo
  • Discover the Best Performing Artists for Young Audiences

  • Watch Showcase Performances

    in Dance, Theatre, Music, Storytelling and Interdisciplinary Arts

  • Connect with Artists in the Contact Room

  • Collaborate with Fellow Arts Champions

ArtStarts Showcase

Thank you for attending Showcase 2019!

The ArtStarts Showcase is an inspiring event for school and community arts programmers interested in booking artistic performances for young audiences.

From dancers and storytellers to musicians and theatre groups, the range of performing artists presented at the ArtStarts Showcase always proves to be diverse, engaging and relevant.

We look forward to presenting a new line-up of dynamic performers for you next year!

 

  • Showcase is a meeting of community arts advocates, which is very important for my understanding and our district's focus on culture, creativity and education. Showcase Delegate
  • I always leave feeling inspired. I love connecting with like-minded colleagues from around the province. Showcase Delegate
  • It is wonderful to have a structure that allows the connection between artists and school district representatives to enhance arts understandings in the school. Showcase Delegate
  • Showcase helps me feel connected to the greater arts community. Showcase Delegate
  • Showcase is a perfect opportunity to discover diverse performers and allows us to cater to the individual needs of schools and community. Showcase Delegate
  • Ensuring that there are high quality performance arts groups available to provide enrichment opportunities for students is absolutely vital to the health of our education system. Showcase Delegate
  • It is incredible to have the opportunity to see and meet the performing artists. Showcase Delegate
  • Showcases were diverse, culturally represented, creative and energetic. It was a venue for rich conversations to take place. Showcase Delegate
  • I found the showcases re-energizing in that my own creative process received a kickstart and I had a million ideas racing through my mind. Showcase Delegate
  • I loved learning from others who share the same passion for championing the arts, from class to district level. Showcase Delegate
Showcase 2019

Showcase 2019

We were committed to providing students with accessible arts-based experiences in their schools and consider an intentional representation of equity groups an important part of this commitment.

65% of the artists are brand new to ArtStarts and the remaining 35% are showcasing a new show.

We believe the artists in this past year’s Showcase were reflected through this mandate and believe that you will be inspired by their multifaceted performances.

Showcase 2019 Highlights

Showcase 2019 Highlights

Did you miss this year's showcase? Perhaps you want to revisit some of the inspiring performances. Find highlights of all the Showcase 2018 performances on our Vimeo channel.
Delegate Feedback

Delegate Feedback

Want to know more about the experience of attending Showcase? Read our blog to find feedback from some of our delegates who attended this past year.

Showcase Delegate Feedback


Supporters

BC Arts Council and the Government of British Columbia are committed to ensuring that all British Columbians are able to participate in a healthy arts and cultural community recognized for its excellence. Through this provincial financial support, the arts and cultural community will continue to achieve its creative, social and economic success.
Canada Council for the Arts offers a broad range of grants and services to professional Canadian artists and arts organizations in music, theatre, writing and publishing, visual arts, dance, media arts and integrated (multidisciplinary) arts. It also seeks to raise public awareness of the arts through its communications, research and arts promotion activities.
The City of Vancouver appreciates the value that the arts brings to the lives of citizens and the life of the city. They support non-profit arts and cultural organizations through a variety of grant programs.